Paul’s surfing life began as a kid on the beaches in Florida, where he grew up. Not having
consistent surf left him way more motivated to surf anytime it was breaking. He dreamed of
a career as a traveling pro surfer, but chose to get his degree in Elementary Education
where he still works as a 4th grade teacher. This has been a very satisfying and meaningful
career and still leaves his summers free to travel and surf a lot with his family. His
family is his world. Paul is married and has 2 daughters and a son.
Most of his students know of his surfing background and when they bring it up, he uses it as a life lesson to teach humility and respect.
“I am just another athlete with a bit of luck and confidence, and anyone can be beaten on the right day.”
“I’m so very fortunate to be an ambassador for Flojos and the other brands I represent. My goal will
always be to remain respectful and approachable. I think the best message for the next
generation is to always remain humble, regardless of your accomplishments, be positive
and have a great attitude.”
Paul has traveled to Costa Rica, Mexico, Hawaii, Japan Singapore, Indonesia, Mentawaiis, Canada, UK, and the Caribbean.
Although Paul had a major health setback in 2016, he hasn’t lost his will to compete. Back to full strength, and feeling great, his confidence continues to grow for a successful 2017.
Glad you have recovered and we look forward to watching you aspire to reach your goals.
2016/2017 results –
- 1st place – Soul Surf Series Event #1, Churches, Sept. 2016
- 5th Place- Soul Surf Series Event #2, Huntington Beach, Oct. 2016
- 4th place Open Men’s, Soul Surf Series Championships, San Clemente, June 2016
- 3rd place Open Men’s, Soul Surf Series Event #7 Huntington Beach, Apr.2016
- 4th place Open Men’s, Soul Surf Series Event #6, San Clemente, March 2016
- 2nd place Open Men’s, Soul Surf Series Event #3, Huntington Beach, Nov. 2015
- 5th place Open Men’s, Soul Surf Series Comps #2, Trestles, Oct. 2015
2015/2016 results –
Good luck Paul we are cheering for you!